After seeing the movie, We Bought a Zoo, I thought I was done with animal movies for a while UNTIL I saw War Horse! The movie is based on the novel and play by the same name. Jeremy Irvine plays a boy (Albert) who is separated from his horse during WW I. The film draws you instantly into the intimate relationship between Albert and his horse, Joey. They are separated due to the war and the story takes you through their trails and tribulations until they are reunited years later. Steven Spielberg does a fantastic job directing a cast full of horses, oh yea, people too. The lead horse was phenomenal and was depicted to be much smarter than many humans! This movie is a tearjerker and solidifies the reality of the bond between humans and animals. I give this movie 4 stars. What are your thoughts about the movie?
No comments:
Post a Comment